- I want to teach the Bible. I have approached those at our church about doing that, but as of yet no opportunity has presented itself. So I am going to pray and look for a venue to do this.
- In the past year I have posted three fewer posts on this than in 2011. My goal is to double that number at least, but I'm shooting for at least one per week for a grand total of 56.
- I like television and I see nothing wrong with it, but it can be a time waster when you watch the same programs over and over again. I want to cut that back and fill that time with reading. I want to read at least one book per week. It may be really easy, I'll just encourage Janet to watch more cooking shows, not that she needs it. She likes them and I don't, so I read instead.
- I want to listen to at least one Biblical podcast per day. I can do that while I work so that shouldn't be an issue.
- I need to start walking more, mainly because my cardiologist has suggested it and partly because I really need more exercise.
Top Ten Theologians: #2 – Martin Luther
Monday Morning Humor... Again
Top Ten Books of 2011
When I say that I was saddened, I'm not sure that actually describes it. My heart began to ache, literally.
I was saddened not only for the end of this marriage, but also for the number of my friends who are no longer walking with the Lord. I was saddened for the number of years when I did not walk with the Lord.
It saddens me when I know someone who has died does not know the Lord. It makes it all the more urgent for each of us to share the good news story. To share our story.
I have to take a moment to brag on Katie. This morning we went into WAWA as we normally do. I got my usual 24 ounce cup of coffee and some bacon for Katie. I paid and as we left, we encounter this woman at the door. Katie looked at her and said "You dropped this," and handed her a five dollar bill. The woman was so surprised and thrilled with Katie's honesty, she gave her the five dollars. I was so proud of her, I began to cry. I held her close and told her I was extremely proud of her. Those are the moments we fathers love and I hope to see many more.