2012 has arrived. For me there was no fanfare and no party, I was asleep when it arrived. I woke up and and went downstairs to see Janet and the girls quietly watching television. We spent the day watching movies and just enjoying each other. And then we retired to bed again.
As the days have rolled on I have felt there are many things I want to do.
- I want to teach the Bible. I have approached those at our church about doing that, but as of yet no opportunity has presented itself. So I am going to pray and look for a venue to do this.
- In the past year I have posted three fewer posts on this than in 2011. My goal is to double that number at least, but I'm shooting for at least one per week for a grand total of 56.
- I like television and I see nothing wrong with it, but it can be a time waster when you watch the same programs over and over again. I want to cut that back and fill that time with reading. I want to read at least one book per week. It may be really easy, I'll just encourage Janet to watch more cooking shows, not that she needs it. She likes them and I don't, so I read instead.
- I want to listen to at least one Biblical podcast per day. I can do that while I work so that shouldn't be an issue.
- I need to start walking more, mainly because my cardiologist has suggested it and partly because I really need more exercise.